This week I spent two days collecting stories with @Documentally (well he did the collecting, I shoved him in and out of taxis and generally acted as his caddy).
It was a fascinating couple of days and we got some really interesting content, which will be available on Creative Tourist soon.
Talking to such a variety of different people and asking them to tell us their stories, made me think more about how story telling is at the heart of us all. Our own stories are a fundamental part of what makes us human, it’s how we connect with others and what defines us as individuals. I think story telling will also increasingly become a part of how organisations, brands, businesses reach out to their audiences, since in telling a story you create a resonance that can’t be replicated in any other way.
Some other things I learnt this week:
- -Everyone, whoever they are, has a story to tell.
- -Anarchy is actually just good organisation
- -The City of Salford has some very passionate taxi drivers
- -As with most things in life, the best stories come when you’re least expecting it
- -We must capture the oral story telling of our older generation, they tell the best stories of all